Originally from Manchester, Dean studied at St Martin’s in London; where he now lives and works.
Featured in the publication Behind The Image by Anna Fox and Natasha Caruana.
I am screening a selection of images from The River Lea Series at Hackney Observed, part of Photomonth on the 24th November at Hackney Museum.
Nine Point Perspective : Ways of Seeing at Hotshoe Gallery is opening late on Thursday 18th August, please do pop in to see me.
The Chase is reviewed by Carole Evans in her blog
I participated in the Contact v Tri-pod Slideshow at Studio Strike, 68 Clapham Manor Street, SW4 6DX, London on the 2nd July.
Exhibitions and Awards
- 2012 – IS THAT IT, The Pheonix Gallery, Brighton Photo Fringe.
- 2011 – Nine Point Perspective : Ways of Seeing, Hotshoe Gallery
- 2010 – Hackney Wicked – Link
- 2009 – Time, Time, Time, Terrace Studios, London
- 2009 – Photocinema, Format International Photography Festival, Derby – Link
- 2009 – Invited to participated in the web project mus-mus@600
- 2008 – Awarded Juror’s Choice award in the Santa Fe Project Competition – Link
- 2007 – Paradise is for the Blessed, Four Corners, London – Link
- 2007 – Shoes, The Agony and the Ecstasy, Shipley Art Gallery, Gateshead & Norwich Art Gallery – Link
- 2006 – Future Landscapes, Shrewsbury Art Gallery
- 2006 – Imagine Yesterday … Today, White Peaks Space, Kew Gardens, London
- 2005 – Mrs Hughes, a portrait. The Lowry, Salford
- 2001 – The Design and Art Directors Awards, The Royal College of Art, London
- 1996 – The John Kobal Portrait Award, Highly Commended, The National Portrait Gallery
Reviews, Publications, Web Postings and Talks
- 2011 – Featured in Conscientious
- 2009 – Featured Laurence Vecten’s blog Loz
- 2009 – Still Closer is featured in 1000words
- 2009 – Invited to participate in the web project mus-mus@600
- 2009 – A selection of images from the series Still Closer feature in Alaska Editions 2
- 2006 – Presented at Four Corners Photoforum
- 2005 – Lynne Walker, Salford Snapshot, The Independent, January 11
- 2005 – Robert Clark, Salford Snapshot, The Guardian, January 07 link
- 2001 – The D&AD Awards annual
- 1999 – Profile, Graphics International
- 1997 – Building Communities, Chris Holmes, Shelter
- Shelter, The Observer Magazine, Art Review, The Sunday Times, The Guardian, Serpents Tail, London International Festival of Theatre-LIFT, Lawrence King Publishing, Zanders Papers